Lucco Borlera’s activity started in 1947 in a small plant located in Collegno, little town in the surroundings of Torino, manufacturing dies and machining equipment. In few years Lucco Borlera brothers, the founders, understood that aluminium and zinc alloys die-castings was demanded by the market so that in 1962 the first expansion took place.
The company quickly grew up and in 1966, the plant was moved to Rivoli, close to Torino, in a bigger site and in few years the company started to work for the European market, especially for Germany and France.
During the nighties years, a radical restructuring program for the management structure and quality machinery was carried out, including the final enlargement which brought the factory as it looks today.
The renewal program, owing to its completeness and the results achieved, was deemed suitable to obtain grant-in-aid from the Italian Minister of Industry for the technological innovation. The result was that in the beginning of 1999, the company was awarded for the QS 9000 certification and few years later the UNI ISO/TS 16949:2002. The target is now looking forward the ISO 14001 certification.
According to the market’s and customers’ needs, the CNC machining department was introduced in 2001 so that the complete Alu product could be offered.
Over the last 2 years, the company has been getting worldwide, as a new production site has been recently installed in Sumarè, a small town of Brasil.